Auger Filler Advantage
Auger Fillers and Packaging Machines with Technology at Heart!
Auger's technology for auger shafts in filling machines makes every Auger filling machine unique and reliable.
Auger’s core products are auger fillers that automatically meter and complete consecutive filling of various powder materials. Our fillers use in-house and patented augers and high-quality checkweighers developed with our collaborators to achieve accurate filling.
In-house Developed Auger Shafts of Premium Quality
Auger develops high-quality auger fillers, and the filling outcome is comparable to the auger filling result of counterparts leading the international market. We understand that the size of powder particles influences fluidity and the amount of dust produced during the filling process. The size of powder particles also affects the internal pressure generated in the barrel and the auger shaft. The smaller the particles, the higher the fluidity, and the lower the stability of the internal pressure. Therefore, the technical details of the auger shaft in a filler are critical.
At Auger, we develop different auger shafts for filling powder of varying particle sizes. Our auger fillers can be classified into free-flow (ideal for powders or granules with good fluidity) and low-free-flow (ideal for filling powders with low fluidity).
Our auger shafts are made of stainless steel and based on one-piece integral processing, instead of the conventional helix-shaft welding. The filling metering is tailored to meet the customer's requirements. After the assembly of the customer’s order, we have a filling test to check whether the metering is accurate, and the tolerance falls within the pre-set range. The result must meet the set value to pass our quality control for the auger and the filler.
Auger filler features
- The auger control system employs an HMI interface with a touch screen, making the operation convenient and easy.
- A high-quality servo motor (e.g., from Japan Mitsubishi, depending on the customer’s order) drives the auger shaft and ensures superior metering accuracy.
- The metering and filling are accurately controlled by corresponding pulses generated by a servo motor driving an auger shaft.
- A high-quality PLC control system (e.g., from Mitsubishi Japan, depending on the customer's order) ensures maximum control performance stability.
- E-class explosion-proof mixing motor avoids dust explosion.
- The filler’s surface and internal transmission are equipped with a dust-proof mechanism, preventing dust from damaging machine parts.
- A level control mechanism connected with a raw material supply system for automatically supplementing filling materials.
- The auger shaft’s rotating speed and the consequent filling quantity can be monitored and micro-adjusted for remaining filling accuracy and stability. This adjustment is made through a feedback system that counts pulses from the auger shaft’s rotation.
Auger’s Quest for Filling Accuracy
Auger’s fillers are equipped with a high-precision auger shaft. The metering can reach a tolerance of ±1%. Our quest for filling accuracy can be illustrated below by our definition and examples of accuracy.
The filling volume of each filling unit of Auger’s filling and packaging machine is controlled by corresponding pulses from the auger shaft driven by a servo motor system. Simultaneously, through the weight data fed by the linked feedback system, the system can automatically adjust the auger shaft’s rotating speed. This feedback system ensures that the accuracy of the filling volume meets the design and remains stable. The hosting server receives the count of pulses. Then it adjusts each filling amount and the internal pressure in the raw material barrel to maintain the stability and high accuracy of the filling output.
The definition of filling accuracy of an auger filler varies, depending on the filling volume and a product’s compound. For example, for the 3-in-1 coffee powder mix, each coffee manufacturer's recipe is different, and the composition ratio of ingredients is different. For the same 50g filling, different recipes and different composition ratios of ingredients will result in different accuracy settings for the filler. Besides, different industries have different requirements for accuracy.
Tolerance also depends on the filling amount. The following table provides a general guideline for the powder auger filler's accuracy tolerance for different filling volumes. Please note that the actual accuracy tolerance needs to be based on the customer’s need for machine specifications and product recipes.
|The volume of each filling unit||Tolerance|
|0.1 g - 1 g||±5%|
|1 g - 10 g||±3%|
|10 g - 100 g||±2%|
Auger’s quest for accuracy and stability of auger filling packaging machines has been recognized by the pharmaceutical manufacturers, which often impose highly stringent accuracy requirements during manufacturing. Auger has successfully designed and built production lines for domestic and international pharmaceutical companies.
Suitable for free flow powder or granular products
Suitable for non-free flow powder